Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Under the Covers



As has been my practice of late I woke up in the middle of the night and found it next to impossible to get back to sleep. I feel positive that I am the only one who has ever experienced this phenomena!

My body temperature felt a little on the warm side so I just laid there on top of the covers for over 45 minutes. First on my left side, then I tussled over to my right, then I wiggled over to my back and then I wrestled myself back to my left. Nothing seemed to work.

Finally, I resorted to get back under the covers and within minutes I drifted off into Mr. Sandman's soothing slumber...

My iWitness...

I have been especially moved to tears by a variety of songs lately. The latest being a song by Christy Nockels titled "Grace Flows Down"

Amazing Grace
How sweet the sound
Amazing Love
Now flowing down
From hands and feet

That were nailed to the tree
As Grace flows down and covers me


It covers me
It covers me
It covers me
And covers me


Has life been a little on the rattling side lately?
Do you find yourself tussling, wiggling and wrestling with life lately?
Have you exhausted yourself by trying every avenue you know available to get life under control?
Me too...

Might I make a suggestion?
Get under the covers...

The covers of God's love, mercy and grace.
Let the weight of God's amazing grace slowly flow down and cover you, soothe you, calm you.
I do believe in no time you will fall into the relaxing, rejuvenating, restoring and restful arms of God.

I'm getting under the covers!
How bout you?

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."

For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler
and from deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his pinions (wings)
and under his wings you will find refuge:
his faithfulness is a shield and buckler
." (Psalm 91. 1-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment