Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Challenge for 2013

For those of you who know me from my days as the Pastor of the First Presbyterian Church in Klamath Falls, Oregon, one thing that I started to do was to accept a challenge each year to do something new. One year it was to learn to play the piano and then have to perform a recital of sorts in front of the whole congregation. And I did! (The most nerve wracking thing I have ever done!) The next year the challenge was to train for a marathon. Mission accomplished! I ran in the Napa Valley Marathon on March 6, 2011, one day after I turned 48 years old. My time for the 26.2 mile race was 4 hours 26 minutes and 13 seconds. The year after that the challenge was to memorize the Gospel according to Mark. In the midst of a move from Oregon to Iowa that challenge still remains unmet.

One of the most challenging and exciting things for me personally is to see God at work in the every day life of every day people.

So... the challenge this year is to set up a blog and write down an account of God at work in someone's life or in my own or raise a question of where God might be at work in our lives. The fun part of the challenge is that there will be a blog entry for each day of the year in 2013.

365 Blog Posts for each day of 2013 illustrating, documenting, observing and sharing God's work in our life!

I do believe God is at work every second of every minute of every day... We just have to open the eyes of our hearts and look around to see the mighty work He does...

Starting January 1, 2013 we will be off and running! Come join me on what I hope will be a most thrilling adventure! And please feel free to share with me where you see God at work as well!!

Laugh often and Fear Not!

David!

4 comments:

  1. Hi David,

    That is quite an ambitious goal but I have no doubt that you are able to achieve it and that it will be a blessing to many people who read your blog in 2013. God is working powerfully in our lives each and every day!

    God bless you my friend!
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be an amazing year of watching and reading about God doing amazing things in everyday lives. You will do an exceptional job of this David! I can't wait to read about, give Him all the glory and praise Him for all the mighty ways we will see Him move in 2013! Thank you for being such a blessing to so many, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will no doubt be an exceptional year of stories. So many people miss out on so many blessings each and every day that God sets out right in front of them. Thanks for taking this on and allowing us to go along on the journey and to see God’s hand at work. TB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am all set to journey with you - God is at work - Give us eyes to see and ears to hear that we may know. God has gifted you with communication. Enjoy! – Malinda

    ReplyDelete