Friday, May 23, 2014

Broken


I keep hearing the same song over and over again on XM  radio channel 63 - The Message...
The title of the song is "Keep Making Me" by the Sidewalk Prophets.

I hear the first line and my mind goes off into a thousand different directions and I never hear the rest of the song.
The opening line is... "Make me broken..."

My iWitness...

Why would anyone ask for that?
Pardon me, upon further reflection the phrase "Make me broken" is not a question.
It's a request...
It's a plea...
It's a desire...
It's a hope and a wish and a command all wrapped up into one bizarre bundle.

Why not start the song with...
Make me whole...
Make me funny...
Make me popular...
Make me powerful...
Make me wealthy...
Make me good looking...
Make me ripped with six pack abs like Zac Efron!


I guess there's a reason that the song starts off with "Make me broken..."
Because we have a God who does His best work with
broken pieces
broken hearts
broken dreams
broken lives

God is the master artist at putting the pieces back together again into a majestic mosaic that is made up of just that...broken pieces.

I heard the song "Keep Making Me" by the Sidewalk Prophets just yesterday and I heard the completion of the opening line for the first time...

"Make me broken...
So I can be healed."

I am broken!
How about you?

Let the healing begin.
I can't wait to see what God pieces together this time.

Maybe God will use some of my broken pieces to help heal you and just maybe God will use some of your broken pieces to heal me.
And together the Master will make us into a beautiful collage of interwoven broken pieces...
Maybe that's why they call us a Masterpiece!

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

"God, pick up the pieces.
     Put me back together again." (Jeremiah 17. 14 The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment