Thursday, January 9, 2014

5 degrees



I live in an area of the country that has been invaded by "The Polar Vortex."
On Monday the "high" for the day was 15 degrees "BELOW ZERO"!
The wind chill that morning was 43 degrees below zero.
On Tuesday I went to get the car washed. (Yes! The car wash was open!)
Afterwards I got out of the car and took a little "walk around" to ensure that the car had been properly dried. (What difference would that make? Any water left on the car was immediately turned into an icicle.)
As I moseyed my way around the car I actually thought to myself, "It's kind of warm out today."
The reality?
It was 5 degrees...

My iWitness...

As I sat back in the car I was mesmerized by my "relative" thought process that truly believed it was "warm" outside.

It's amazing to me just how quick we get used to the "relative norm" in our lives.

Today I am going to take a look at some of the "norms" in my life and see how they compare to a more solid, firm foundational base.

This is one of the fantastic benefits of the scriptures.
The Bible offers to us great foundational truths, wisdom and counsel on how to live in the midst of the "reality" of our situation and not be confused, hoodwinked or fooled by our "relative norms."

I really don't want to be walking around in a T-shirt smelling like Hawaiian Tropic when in reality it's 5 degrees!

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (Romans 12. 1-2)



No comments:

Post a Comment