Sunday, January 12, 2014

Autocorrect

 

I was texting a friend of mine yesterday and the most unusual phenomena took place.
I noticed that while I was texting a ten word message, my big thumbs impeded my ability to text so much that I misspelled every word along the way.
The miracle of it all was that when I finished texting my message and looked at the screen...ALL the words were spelled correctly and the message made perfect sense!

My phone, like so many others has this wonderful feature called, "Autocorrect" which insures that my message comes through loud and clear with all the words spelled correctly.

How cool is that!

My iWitness...
I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have been approached over the last quarter of a century by someone who asks me to pray to God on their behalf.

I am always more than pleased and privileged to pray for someone. I usually follow up such a request with a statement, "Now... you can pray too you know."

Too many times to mention the response has been, "But I don't know what words to say? You're the preacher. You know what right words to say."

Here's the good news!

We have the Holy Spirit who takes our words and filters them through the  Holy Spirit "Autocorrect" feature and God hears the very deepest desires, hopes, aches, pains and pleas of our heart!

Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. 27 And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. (Romans 8. 26-27)

How cool is that!

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!


ps - Go ahead and give it a try today!

No comments:

Post a Comment