Thursday, February 28, 2013

Memory - Part 2

Memory can be a two edged sword...

I love being able to remember a lot of life's most special memories and occasions...

I hate not being able to forget some of my worst days where my decisions and actions sent my world way off course...

Memory can be a two edged sword...

My iWitness...

I am in marvel mode today...

I marvel at these words from God...

“I, I am he, who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins." (Isaiah 43. 25)

"For I will be merciful toward their iniquities,
and I will remember their sins no more.” (Hebrews 8. 12)


“I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more.” (Hebrews 10. 17)


O that I would take God seriously at His word...

"O Lord... what kind of God are you that you remember my sins no more? Are you crazy? Wouldn't it be better to hold tightly onto each one of my transgressions and use it as great leverage like a sledghammer in making me behave? How is it that you in your grace and mercy choose to forget the times that I have forgotten you? Why do I have such trouble and yet at the same time take such delight in the fact that you remember my sins no more. When I can't forget my sins please O Lord help me to remember that you remember them no more..."

Indeed I am in marvel mode today...

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and fear not!
David!


No comments:

Post a Comment