Friday, February 8, 2013

Nuff said...

A high school classmate from Tennessee called me yesterday. The conversation was saturated with short stories, quick updates, in depth questions and of course lots of laughter. My friend was telling a humorous story about parenting and the story came to a quick conclusion with a common southern phrase, "Nuff said." I laughed out loud. It's been a long time since I heard someone say, "Nuff said."

"Nuff said" is simply a way of saying, "enough said." "End of story." "Nothing else to add, done, finito." "Topic of conversation has now drawn to a conclusion and there is nothing to add."

My iWitness...

A few thoughts, ideas, statements and beliefs came to my mind today that could be ended with "Nuff said."

Jesus is Lord, and I am not. "Nuff said."

Jesus loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so. "Nuff said."

Jesus loves the little children. All the children of the world. Red and yellow, black and white they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children. "Nuff said."

I get tired of people saying that God sees things in black and white. Why would God limit Himself to seeing the world with just two of the millions of colors that He created? "Nuff said."

Baptists will be surprised to see who is in heaven. "Nuff said."

Laughter is one of God's greatest gifts. "Nuff said." (see previous statement!)

I am a sinner. I fall short of God's glory each and every day. "Nuff said."

Jesus is faithful and just and forgives me of my sins. Like a giant etch a sketch, Jesus just flips me over and gives me a good shake or two and my slate is wiped clean, ready to start all over again. "Nuff said."

Jesus loves me no matter what. No matter what! "Nuff said."

The length of God's arm of grace and mercy stretches farther than I can ever run... "Nuff said."

God's love and compassion for me is not contingent upon my moods, my actions, my feelings, my biorhythms or my thoughts. He who loves me, loves me out of the great depth and well of His own being and not out of my shallow pool of paltry pietism. "Nuff said."

"Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. 9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." (Philippians 2. 5-11) "Nuff said!"

I could keep on going but I am feeling the strong need to stop for now...

I love being an iWitness of God at work everyday in everyday life with everyday people!!

"Nuff said."


And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!


No comments:

Post a Comment