Thursday, February 14, 2013

P90X for the Soul

Ash Wednesday was yesterday. It marks the beginning of Lent. If you are not familiar with the tradition or practice of Lent, it is basically a 40 day "P90X for the soul" in preparing the heart, the mind and the body for the Passion of Christ found in the last week of his life, leading up to the crucifixion on the old rugged cross.  When we humble ourselves, focus on Him, lay aside every weight of sin that slows us down and walk these 40 days with Jesus right up unto and into his death then the celebration of Easter Sunday morning is all the more intense with joy and wonderment. Lent is a time for spiritual cleansing.

My iWitness...

I ran across this prayer yesterday on Ash Wednesday by Charles de Foucauld...

Abba, I abandon myself into your hands. Do with me what you will. Whatever you may do, I thank you. I am ready for all. I accept all. Let only your will be done in me and all your people. I wish no more than this, O Lord. Into your hands I commend my spirit. I offer it to you with all the love of my heart, for I love you, Lord, and I give myself , surrender myself into your hands, without reserve, with boundless confidence, for you are my Father."

There is so much of me that wants this to be my prayer! Yes, Lord, without reserve and with boundless confidence I give myself over to you 100 percent!!

And yet there is so much of me that does not want this to be my prayer. Yes, Lord, take 68% of my life without reserve, but please, pretty please don't whittle away too much. Please don't chisel too deep. Don't file off too much of the rough edges. Don't press too hard in reshaping me and forming me to be Christ-like.

What do you think?

Is the prayer of Charles de Foucauld your prayer or is it too extreme, too difficult?

If so, then what is your prayer?

I would love to hear your comments on this as we turn our eyes to Jerusalem, to the Cross and to the empty tomb...

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and fear not!
David!

No comments:

Post a Comment