Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Are you a Saint?

Looking at the tumbling surf from our balcony, my pulse rate was slow, my mind drifting, my ears hypnotized by the rhythmic roar, my body relaxed after a full day of activity and sunshine, the wine glass was settled nicely on my left thigh in my left hand when all of a sudden I was jolted awake by the feeling of moisture on my right thigh...

I had fallen asleep and in so doing the wine glass in my left hand tipped over and red wine went all over the Khaki shorts on my right thigh...

The shorts have this nice "vino" stain on them...
We soaked the shorts, we washed the shorts and still the "stain" remains...

My iWitness...

Have you ever made a mistake that left a "stain?"

Me too...

Here's what I love about the word STAIN...

Imagine the letter T as a cross...

Now bury the T (put the T below the rest of the letters in the word STAIN)

Bury it for 3 letters (three days) and with each passing day move it over one letter to the right.

So that after three days, resurrect the T and put it at the end of the word and what word do you have now?

SAINT!!!

This is what Jesus did on the cross...
He removed our Stains...
He made us Saints...
When we believe in Jesus we are called Saints!

How did he do that?
I don't know...
All I know is that by the blood of Jesus our sins are washed away...
The Stain no longer remains...

C'mon!!
Let's go!!
Time to put back on my Khaki shorts and hit the beach!
Surf's up!!

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and fear not!
David!

"Come now let us reason together, says the Lord:
though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red like crimson
they shall become like wool." (Isaiah 1. 18)

"Grace to you and peace from him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne, and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth.
To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood.." (Revelation 1. 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment