Monday, July 15, 2013

Ex's in Texas

"All my ex's live in Texas" is a song made popular by George Strait.
Something strange and something rather peaceful happened yesterday.
I prayed for my ex-wife...
That is something I haven't done in a very long time.
No need to go into the details of what prompted such a prayer, just suffice it to say that I found peace and comfort in doing so.
I don't know if the prayer helped her...
But it sure did help me... even healed me a little bit...

My iWitness...

How many "ex's" do we have?

Ex-husbands...
Ex-wives...
Ex-employers...
Ex-employees...
Ex-colleagues...
Ex-girlfriends...
Ex-boyfriends...
Ex-jobs...
Ex-churches...
Ex-pastors...
Ex-parishioners...
Ex-friends...
Ex-hobbies...
Ex-faith..
Ex-Facebook friends...
Ex-dreams...
Ex-hopes...

I am sure the list could go on and on...

What do we do with these "ex's"?

Some of the "ex's" have hurt us deeply.
We have hurt some of the "ex's" deeply.

Some of the "ex's" have just drifted away.
Some of the "ex's" have a good relationship with us.
Some don't...

Do we wish them harm?
Do we wish them well?
Do we wish they would "go to hell?"

What would happen if we prayed for them today?
It may or may not help them...
But it sure would help us...
Maybe even "heal" us...

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and fear not!
David!

"Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working." (James 5. 16)

No comments:

Post a Comment