Friday, July 19, 2013

Fight on!

Julie and I took a walk on the beach this morning to enjoy the majesty of God's creativeness in once again painting the morning sky with the daily sunrise.

As we walked along the beach someone had taken the time to scrawl into the sand in very legible capital letters...

FIGHT ALS

ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) is commonly known as Lou Gehrig's disease which typically progresses to a point where you can no longer breathe.

At the end of the FIGHT ALS the author had drawn a heart with the name JUDY written inside of it.
In our short walk this was written three different times along the shoreline in the hardened sand.

My iWitness...

What will you be fighting today?

Do you think of yourself as a fighter?

Will you be fighting...
Racism?
Sexism?
Depression?
Cancer?
Inner demons?
Voices of your past?
For your life?
With your colleagues?
For your job?
Security?
Status?
With your neighbors?
ALS?
AIDS?
With your family?
For your family?
With God?
For God?

What are you fighting today?
Sometimes we love something so much that we have to fight for it.

I love what Paul says at the end of his second letter to his dear friend Timothy...

"For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." (2 Timothy 4. 6-7)

At the end of today...
At the end of the year...
At the end of our life...
May we be able to proclaim the same!

Fight on!

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and fear not!
David!

ps - Pray for Judy...


No comments:

Post a Comment