Thursday, July 25, 2013

No reason...

My good friend David Naudin from my Junior High days turns 50 today.
Happy Birthday David!!
The other day David posted on his Facebook these most powerful words...

"Really proud of my boys...no reason, just really proud of them...all of them!"

Fifteen words...
No words with more than two syllables - simple yet profound...
The full sentence has just one more syllable than a Japanese Haiku...

The weight, the gravitas of such sentiment is unfathomable...

What words strike you the most?

For me?
"...no reason..."

My iWitness...

David Naudin's sense of being "proud" of his children mirrors the love of our Heavenly Father.
This is unconditional pride at its best...
This is unconditional love with no strings attached...


Notice what David's Facebook post does not say...

"Really proud of my boys... because of...

... their good looks
... their accomplishments
...their good grades

...their outstanding surfing ability
...their Christian faith
...all the awards they have won
...the way they love me, honor me, shower me with gifts and never ask for money.


Do we believe that God is proud of us for "NO REASON"?

Do we believe that God is just as proud of us in our lowest moment of unfaithfulness, disobedience and rebellion as He is in our highest moment of faithful devotion of worship, obedience and service?

If not...
Then maybe today is the day to begin believing, trusting and wholeheartedly embracing that God unconditionally loves us and is immensely proud of us...
just because...
no reason...


And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!


"We love because he first loved us." (1 John 4. 19)

ps - Well done David...your boys are blessed...well done...




No comments:

Post a Comment