Thursday, June 27, 2013

Flat Tire

I finally made it home after a grueling twelve hour trip from Seattle to Chicago to Dubuque yesterday. With bags in hand I opened the garage door expecting all the normal fanfare that is heaped upon the "King" who is coming home with all the spoils after a nine day trek into the wilderness to hunt, kill and provide food for the household.

What I was greeted with was my car sitting there with a flat tire. No pun intended but, talk about having the air sucked right out of your sails!

My iWitness...

The car looked perfectly normal except for the right rear tire which was only flat on one side (the underside!).

I could have ignored the flat tire and driven on three tires but cars were meant to ride on four.

I could have become obsessed with the flat tire ignoring the fact that the rest of the car was just fine.

What I did was grab the air compressor, turn it on, attach the hose to it and inflate my tire to the proper pressure.

The tire has a slow leak.

It needs to be filled with air about twice a week. Having been gone for 9 days did not allow me the opportunity to keep the tire properly inflated. It really is no big deal. Or is it?

Does your spiritual life have a slow leak?
Is there a part of your life that consistently goes flat if you don't pay attention to it?
Me too!

Here's the good news...
We have a God who is always at the ready to fill us back up... over and over and over.
His "air" is limitless to fill the weak spots of our life.

Perhaps the question of the day is, "Will I actually go and have the tire fixed? Or will I just keep driving around on a tire that has a slow leak?"

How about you?
The area of my spiritual walk with God that is slowly leaking the very life out of me... do I want to get that fixed or have I grown so accustomed to the leak that I really don't notice it any longer?

I have made one observation over the course of my lifetime...
Cars seem to run better when all four tires are inflated to the proper air pressure.

I have a feeling our lives will too...

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and fear not!
David!

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses,
so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." (2 Corinthians 12. 9)


No comments:

Post a Comment