Sunday, June 9, 2013

Winning and Losing Part 2

God certainly has a sense of humor...
After blogging about Winning and Losing yesterday, Joshua and I drove 90 miles to a tennis tournament that I was excited about "winning."
You know what is coming don't you...
I played two opponents and lost both times in three sets...
Joshua was my ever faithful supporter and part-time ball boy.
About every other time we would switch sides on the tennis courts and I would go over and get a drink of water, Joshua, in all his innocence would ask, "Daddy... are you still losing?"
My answer was the same for four hours in a row... "Yes!"
I wanted to win...
But I ended up losing...

Don't you just love "life lessons" that God throws our way?

My iWitness...

Several people asked me to send them text messages on how I did in the tournament. It was agonizing to send out a text message saying that I had lost, that I had been defeated.
I kept thinking about my blog yesterday and how our value is not found in winning or losing but found in Christ.

Here's what I discovered...
The people I texted still love me, care for me and still think that I am a pretty good guy.
If these people think I'm okay... how much more does God think that I'm okay?

Just needed a little lesson yesterday...
Can't wait to get back on the court for more lessons!

How about you?
Any "life lessons" being thrown your way these days?

And that's my iWitness..
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. (2 Corinthians 9. 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment