Monday, April 15, 2013

Brennan Manning

I found out yesterday that Brennan Manning died at the age of 78.


My iWitness...

It's a real easy question.

Who influences you?

Who has influenced you in the way you think and act?

Who has influenced you in the way you think about God and Jesus?

I do believe God puts certain people on our journey that alters the way we view the landscape, walk the trail and smell the roses.

For me, one of the most influential people who has helped shape and form and transform how I view myself and how I view God is Brennan Manning. I guess I could go on and on about him, but I wouldn't be able to capture the amazing depth and breadth of his impact on my life.

Suffice it to say I thank God for Brennan Manning and today he rests in the strong grace filled arms of his Abba who loved him with a furious love while on this earth and now holds him securely, tightly, lovingly and eternally...

Below is one of my favorite videos of Brennan and in it is one of my favorite quotes that has shaped my life.  It's only 3 minutes long and I watch it often. This profound quote comes at the very end...

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

"...a bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not quench."
                                                                                              (Matthew 12. 20)





2 comments:

  1. The angels are rejoicing to have him among them. I've watched and shared this many times since the first time you shared it with me 3 1/2 years ago. Thank you for sharing it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This man has had a profound impact on my walk with Jesus - Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete