Friday, April 19, 2013

What do you buy into?

I overheard someone say yesterday, "I don't buy into that..."

I am always amazed at what statements and/or images can stick with me for long periods of time. Yesterday,  "I don't buy into that" stuck to me like peanut butter on the roof of my mouth.

We do we buy into? What do we not buy into?

Do we buy into that it is our right to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?"

Do we buy into philosophy of the Republican Party or the Democratic Party?

Do we buy into everything the media shares with us is objective and true?

Do we buy into the ideal that the local church is the hope of the world?

Do we buy into the Warren Commission's report on the assassination of President Kennedy?

Do we buy into any of the conspiracy theories surrounding 9/11?

In light of the Boston Marathon Massacre do we buy into the idea that there is good in everyone?

Do we buy into Martin Luther King Jr.'s dream?

Do we buy into the American Dream?

Do we buy into the old adage that "anything worth doing is worth overdoing"?

Do we buy into the notion that feelings follow actions or that actions follow feelings? Which one do you buy into?

Do we buy into the hope that everyone goes to heaven no matter what? Do we buy into the idea of a heaven at all? What about hell?

Do we buy into the fact that there is nothing that I can do to make God love me more and that there is also nothing that I can do to make God love me less?

My iWitness...

Here's what I buy into...

I buy into the fact that I was bought into...

I buy into the fact that God loves me so much that He went to the extreme act of offering up His only Son so that I could have eternal fellowship and life with Him.

I was bought with a price. I come with an expensive price tag.

Obviously, I was worth the price.

And so are you!

Do you buy into that?

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

"...You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God with your body."
(1 Corinthians 6. 19-20)

No comments:

Post a Comment