Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Letting it all hang out

I spent seven hours at Blizzard Beach yesterday. It is a Disney attraction that is basically a glorified Water Park with all sorts of water features - wave pools, rafts going down tubes, slides down Mt. Gushmore and the like. It was a blast!

Everyone walks around barefoot and in their bathing suits. Someone mentioned to me that you could tell who the European men were because they were the ones wearing Speedo bathing suits. I saw more people in bathing suits yesterday than I have in my whole life combined... And I grew up in Southern California!!

My thoughts about the experience changed throughout the day.

At the beginning of the day my thought was, "Most of us look better with more clothing!" (myself included!)

At the end of the day my thought was, "Here we are! Letting it all hang out! And no one seemed to mind or care. It was quite liberating in fact."

My iWitness...

How rare it is to be so "exposed" in our world today.

Sure, you can go to Blizzard Beach or any beach for that matter and see lots of exposed skin.

But, what I am talking about is much more rare and that is exposing our very selves, our very souls.

How many layers of clothes, pants, scarves, jewelry, blouses, shirts, sweatshirts, fleece and shoes do we hide behind?

Granted, I have been blessed by having a calling in life that gave and continues to give me the privilege of seeing people spiritually exposed.

In fact, I have gotten so used to it that it has become so obvious to me when people cover themselves up with all sorts of make-up and clothing.

Let me encourage you to "let it all hang out" with someone. Not just anyone. But someone you cant trust. Someone who will value you, honor you and care for you... for who you are and not for how good you look with all your politically correct fashion wear.

The good news is that we always have that "Someone" close by. God sees us for who we really are. And the better news is that in spite of all that... He loves us still!

"Therefore accept one another, even as Christ has accepted you for the glory of God."
(Romans 15. 7)


And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

No comments:

Post a Comment