Monday, April 8, 2013

The End of the Ride...

At Disney's Blizzard Beach, which is this huge water park, I sat in the bleachers at the end of the inner tube ride called "Runoff Rapids" and watched people make their final turn and come splashing into the large pool of water that signified that their ride was over.

As I sat there for about 20 minutes, without exception, each person came flying into the pool on their inflatable inner tube with laughter in their voice and a huge smile on their face.

My iWitness...

To watch such exuberance and joy at the end of the ride was certainly a testament on how much of the ride was enjoyed before their big splash at the end.

It got me thinking...(which is always a scary thought)

How will my ride in this life end? How is my ride in this life going right now?

I can say with full assurance that I am having a blast on my "Runoff Rapids" right now. The twists and curves and sudden drops are full of adventure, mystery and delight.

Will there be times where the water runs dry? You bet!

Will there be times when my inner tube tips me over and I almost drown in the rush of water coming down from Mt. Gushmore? No doubt!

The comfort I find is found in the Architect of the "Runoff Rapids."

God created the ride and now I will hold on tight and experience the journey... not by myself... but with God's strong hand comforting me the whole way through no matter how many twists and turns I have to face.

And as this ride meanders its way to the big pool, my hope and prayer is that we can come to the "end of the ride" with a huge smile on our face, with great laughter in our voice and with our arms spread wide and make a big splash as we embrace the strong arms of the Creator, the Redeemer and the Sustainer!

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it." (1 Corinthians 9. 24)

No comments:

Post a Comment