Friday, April 12, 2013

Five minutes and thirty-two seconds...

Five minutes and thirty-two seconds...

That's how long the conversation lasted.

I heard someone say the other day, "I hate conflict."
Me too...

Before the phone call took place yesterday, my prayer felt weak and feeble, "Lord, I know the next ten minutes are going to be quite painful. Please watch over me..."

And indeed it was...

Painful

My iWitness...

I am an easy going guy. Just go with the flow. And yet, there are times when you have to take a stand and let the current buffet up against you. And with that current comes sticks and stones and words that will hurt you.

In his book, James writes... "Count it all joy my brethren when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." (James 1. 2-4) 

"O Lord, can't I just skip the trials and be perfect and complete some other way?"

Jesus asked the same question in the garden of Gethsemane on the night before He was crucified.

I know the answer...

And so do you...

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

No comments:

Post a Comment