Thursday, April 11, 2013

Showing Up...

I think it was Woody Allen who was credited with coining the phrase, "90% of life is just showing up!"

My iWitness...

I was in the Seminary Chapel yesterday and the preacher talked about Moses and God's call on his life at the "Burning Bush."

I have talked before in my life about "three powerful words..."

Not long ago I blogged that the three most powerful words are... "He is Risen!"

Here's a few more...

I love you...
I forgive you...
Please forgive me...
I am sorry...
You are forgiven...
I accept you...
Jesus is Lord...

At the "Burning Bush", which is not consumed by the fire, God calls Moses and Moses' response is deep and profound, "Here I am."

"Here I am" is another set of three words that are powerful beyond words. In those three words we find a certain kind of vulnerability, availability, readiness, openness, power and humility.

I talked with two of our Seminarians yesterday who are getting ready to graduate in the next six weeks and are currently waiting on God to issue a "call" to a church to become that church's pastor.

Basically, both of them are standing before God saying, "Here I am ." "Here I am ready to serve you wherever you would send me."

By just "showing up", this is what we might hear...

"Here I am... available to you, willing to follow you, opening myself to you..."

"Here I am... with all my warts, with all my vices, with all my foibles and faults..."

"Here I am... with open arms to accept you, to love you, to forgive you, to cherish you..."

"Here I am... I've missed your voice, your smile, your laugh, your quirkiness..."

I know some people that I wish I could shout from the mountaintops on this day, "JUST SHOW UP! MAKE YOURSELF AVAILABLE! UTTER THESE THREE WORDS...

"HERE I AM!"

Just showing up just might make all the difference in the world today... maybe an even 90% difference!

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

"When the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, "God called to him out of the bush, "Moses, Moses!" And he said, "Here I am." (Exodus 3. 4)



No comments:

Post a Comment