Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Impacting others...

Yesterday I had the privilege of wishing a close friend of mine, "Happy Birthday!"
I noticed on my friend's Facebook Page that she was also wishing her daughter, "Happy Two Year Anniversary!"
That's right! Her daughter got married on her mom's birthday.

My friend met her daughter for the very first time two years ago at her daughter's wedding.
Her daughter was 34.
My friend was 54.

Do you remember when you were 20?
Do you remember where you were when you were 20?

At age 20 this dear friend of mine gave birth to a baby girl.
For 34 years she wondered about and prayed for this little girl.

Two weeks before the wedding date of April 23, 2011, my friend sent me a message asking for prayer. She was nervous about going to see her daughter for the very first time. She knew that she would be the outsider at the wedding party in Tennessee. She was scared.

Here's what I wrote back to her... (I have changed the names out of respect for their privacy)

"Mary! I am thrilled for you and this great opportunity. Will you be nervous? Absolutely! Will you be scared! no doubt!! Will you come through this with flying colors! You bet your bottom dollar!!!! You will do great! Be your wonderful, happy, funny, serious, outgoing self and be the woman God is calling you to be at this wedding.
Remember, just in case anyone forgets, that that wedding would never, and I mean NEVER be taking place if it were not for you!!  Cindy's mom may have given her life, but you my dear Mary gave Cindy that which no one could ever give her... you gave her breath! Without breath, there is no life, without life there is no bride and thus no wedding!! Everyone gathered together at the wedding will be there because of you!! You are the reason they are all gathered together from near and far. Sure... they have no idea who you are, they don't know you, they will simply nod and smile at you, but make no mistake young lady... everyone in attendance is there due to your invitation to invite this beautiful young lady into this world so many years ago!!
Praise the Lord for you Mary!! If anyone should make you feel uncomfortable at the wedding, please get their name and address and let them know that some boy from Southern Oregon is going to track them down and kick their ass!!
I love you Mary! You are an incredible child of God and this journey you have been on for so long is coming around the home stretch to meet the one whom you gave up out of great love!!

Go get 'em girl!
Love,
David!"


Well... the wedding went great and the reunion was blissful and two years later they have become great friends...Praise the Lord!

ps - I didn't have to go to Tennessee and kick anyone's ass much to my disappointment!! LOL!

Do you sometimes think that your existence, your decisions in life, your very presence in the midst of others does not have an impact?

Let me invite you to think again...

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and fear not!
David!


No comments:

Post a Comment