Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Same...

Twenty years ago I visited Disney World.
Eight years ago Julie and I visited Disney World. It was February of 2005. After years of trying "everything under the sun" to get pregnant Julie and I had just been blessed with securing an Open Adoption with a young woman named Barbara. We knew "Faith Louise" would arrive in three months. On February 8, 2005 while sitting in a "rocking glider" at "Baby's R Us", Julie looked over at me and said, "I don't feel so good." I appropriately responded, "I'm sorry sweetie." Then she looked right at me and said, "I think I'm pregnant." I looked right at her and said, "By who?"

God does have a sense of humor. Three months later Faith arrived and eight months later Joshua arrived.

Lest I digress...

Twenty years ago and eight years ago I spent time at Disney World's Magic Kingdom. Yesterday, I spent the day at the Magic Kingdom once again.

Here's my observation...

Nothing has changed!! The buildings are the exact same color. The flowers are the exact same. The rides were exactly the same, with the same music, the same characters.

In the Magic Kingdom everything was, and is and will be the same!

My iWitness...

There is something very comforting in the familiar.

No surprises! No letdowns! You know exactly what to expect.

I love the fact that our God is the same yesterday, today and forever!

His mystery, His love, His grace, mercy, forgiveness, His ways, His profound and furious love and desire to be with His children is the same yesterday, today and forever.

I never have to worry about God changing His mind or His ways.

His promises are sure.

He is faithful.

He is the same...

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." (Hebrews 13. 8)

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

1 comment:

  1. "by who?" - started to laugh and am not finished yet! so you, David Dendy!

    ReplyDelete