Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday...Had I been there...

"Surely he has borne our griefs
     and carried our sorrows;

yet we esteemed him stricken,
     smitten by God, and afflicted.

But he was pierced for our transgressions;

     he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
     and with his wounds we are healed.

All we like sheep have gone astray;
     we have turned-every one-to his own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
     the iniquity of us all." (Isaiah 53. 4-6)

My iWitness...

Today is Good Friday...

The Savior of the world willingly subjects himself to insults, beatings, whippings and being spat upon. And then nailed to a cross, hung up and hung out to dry...

Jesus was hung up for our hang ups...

Jesus who knew no sin was made to be sin...

There he is stretched out on the cross with his chest caving in on itself making it nearly impossible to breathe until it is literally impossible to breathe...

Blood stained, face unrecognizable, pierced, crushed, abandoned, forsaken, nearly naked, contorted, flanked by felons, heavy with the weight of the world upon his sagging shoulders and yet... his eyes... those forgiving, loving eyes...

I have always thought had I been there when Jesus was being taken to the hill to be crucified,
I would have stood up for Jesus.
I would have beaten back the crowd
I would have quelled the dissenters
I would not have been blinded by the mob mentality
I would have turned the tide

But in reality... I feel confident that my only words on that fateful Friday would have been...

"Hand me another nail...".

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!


No comments:

Post a Comment