Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Prayer of St. David

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

My iWitness...

The Prayer of St. Patrick...

May the Strength of God
          Pilot us,
May the Wisdom of God

          Instruct us,
May the Hand of God
          Protect us,

May the Word of God
          Direct us.

The Prayer of Agur son of Jakeh...

Give me neither poverty nor riches,
     but give me only my daily bread.
Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
     and say, "Who is the Lord?"
Or I may become poor and steal,
     and so dishonor the name of my God.
The Prayer of Jesus...

Our Father which art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
as we forgive our debtors.

And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom,
and the power,
and the glory,
for ever.
Amen.


The Prayer of St. David...

If I was to be rememberd for a prayer, what would it be? What would it say? How would it be constructed? In what context would it be quoted? What would I be praying about? What would be the theme of my prayer? Would it be simple? Would it be complex?

Looks like I am going to have to pray about that...

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

No comments:

Post a Comment