Saturday, March 2, 2013

My Fragrance

Sitting on the plane yesterday I was constantly struck by the fragrance of one particular flight attendant. While reading my book, without even looking up I knew each time she passed by. I don't know if it was her perfume, lotion, deodorant, shampoo or toothpaste. Whatever it was, it made a distinct aroma that followed her wherever she went.

My iWitness...

What do we smell like?

What fragrance do we leave in our wake as we blaze the trail of life ahead of us?

Is it negative, cynical, sour and dour?

Or is it refreshing, uplifting, encouraging and loving?

More important, maybe the question is "Who do we smell like?"

I ran across this short prayer yesterday...

"Let this be the only legacy I leave:
the vapor of a life

that smells like you..."

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and fear not!
David!

"But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere."
(2 Corinthians 2. 14)

No comments:

Post a Comment