Monday, March 4, 2013

March Fourth - The Most Progressive Day of the Year

It's always intriguing to me as to what sticks with you through the years. My high school math teacher, Mr. Nichols on this day over 33 years ago said, "It's March Fourth... The most progressive day of the year." The whole class stared at him as if to say, "What are you talking about?" He would repeat himself several times until we finally made the connection that he was implying - "March forth!" as if it was some kind of command to move forward... (Believe me... he had many more corny jokes and tales - like "A dot is a blind idiot." See if you can figure that one out!)

Every year I say the same thing to anyone who will listen... "It's March Fourth, the most progressive day of the year!"

My iWitness...

How are you feeling about making progress today?

Ready to rock and roll?

Does conquering the world seem pretty easy for you today?

Or...

Do you feel like for every two steps forward it's ten steps backward?

Do you feel like there are so many obstacles impeding your journey that you have the "paralysis by analysis" syndrome and so there you sit unable to move in any direction?

Maybe the better question is "Why do I feel the need to move forward at all?What would be the purpose of moving forward?"

These are all great questions. There are days when I am ready to conquer the world and then there are other days where the world is conquering me.

This quote from Paul has always encouraged me...

"Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3. 12-14)

I love the part of this quote where Paul says, "forgetting what lies behind..."

Forget the good and the accolades. Forget the failures and the embarrassment. Forget all of it and strain forward, press on for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus...

Maybe we can help each other press on today and tomorrow and the next.
I know I could use the help...

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

No comments:

Post a Comment