Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Three Most Powerful Words...

Nikolai Ivanovich Bukharin was one of the most powerful men on earth. He was a Russian Communist leader during Bolshevik Revolution in 1917 and afterwards.

There is a story told about a journey he took. He went from Moscow to Kiev in 1930 to address a huge crowd. The subject was, or course, atheism. He attacked Christianity! He said some insulting words about Christianity. And he argued against it as well. It took him a long time to convince the crowd. At the end of his talk, he was confident that he had convinced the crowd that they should reject Christ and embrace atheism.


At the end of the meeting Nikolai turned it over to the local parish priest to dismiss the crowd. The priest ascended the stage and complimented Nikolai on his eloquence.

The priest turned to the crowd and uttered, "CHRIST IS RISEN."

And the people passionately exclaimed as with one thundering voice, "HE IS RISEN INDEED!"

My iWitness...

I have heard this story for years. I have no idea if it is true or not. I guess it really doesn't matter.
What does matter is that the three most powerful words ever declared in the course of human history are as true today as they were the very first time they were uttered...

I love the fact that when those three words are proclaimed, "HE IS RISEN", my mind, my heart and my voice proclaim with an almost Pavlovian response, "HE IS RISEN INDEED!"

He is Risen!

He is Risen indeed!!


May the promise, the presence and the power of these three words bring you much joy today as we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ!

"The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here: he has risen, just as he said." (Matthew 28. 5-6)

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!



No comments:

Post a Comment