Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Family secrets



Faith laid down on the couch.
Joshua sat on his mommy's lap.
Four eyes, two blue and two brown were riveted on mine.
I was about to reveal a "family secret."

With a bit of fear and trepidation I told them the story of my life up until I met their mom.
Up until 6:50 pm yesterday..
my two eight year olds had never known that I had been married right out of college.
my two eight year olds had never heard of two young ladies named Morgan and Molly-Catherine.
my two eight year olds had never known that I had gone through a divorce.
Faith and Joshua were encouraged that if they had any questions along the way to raise their hands and I would be happy to answer them.

Faith raised her hand first and timidly asked a sobering question, "Does this mean that you and Mommy are going to get a divorce?"

My iWitness...

Do you have any family secrets?

I certainly have mine.

Several were brought out into the open of Faith and Joshua's world last night.
Faith and Joshua both smiled a smile of relief when they were compassionately reassured that mommy and daddy were not getting divorced.
That was the first of many questions last night.
I have no doubt that there will be many more questions along the way...

But for now they seem excited to know that they have two new sisters that they didn't know they had until last night...

And maybe that's enough...
And then again...
Maybe it's not...

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

"Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear." (Ephesians 4. 29)

No comments:

Post a Comment