Tuesday, October 29, 2013

No show...



It was on the calendar.
The appointment was set for 3:25 pm yesterday.
I had prepared for my presentation earlier in the day and was ready to go.
My iPhone always gives me a 15 minute "heads up" reminder before any appointment.
I never miss scheduled appointments.
While walking to my car at 5:40 pm I suddenly realized...
"I missed my 3:25 appointment!! People were waiting for me to show up! The leader of the group was counting on me to make a presentation. I didn't even call or text or email! I just didn't show up. I was a complete no show."

My iWitness...

Have you ever forgotten an appointment?

Obviously, my answer is going to be - "Me too!"

Do you think God ever misses an appointment?

Obviously, my answer is going to be - "No!"

God always shows up.
God is always there.
God is always here.
God never misses.

Now I am starting to wonder...
Are there appointments that God has scheduled for me where I didn't show up? Have there been times when God expected me to "step up", "show up," and "man up," and then He looked around and whispered to the angels, "Dendy is a no show..."

I received an email from the leader of the group that I was supposed to make a presentation for yesterday. He asked if I could show up today at 3:25 pm.

I can guarantee you one thing today...
At 3:25 pm I will not be a "no show."

"What about the other appointments God has in store for you today David?"
I wish I could I make the same guarantee...

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

"I am with you always, to the end of the age." (Matthew 28. 20)

No comments:

Post a Comment