Sunday, October 27, 2013

Nestle Toll House Morsels



One of my favorite commercials during the mid 1980's was for Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Morsels. A guy in his mid twenties is in the middle of baking Toll House Chocolate Chip cookies. He sings the greatest jingle ever written while dancing his way around the kitchen while his blond hair beeps and bops up and down, eating handfuls of semi-sweet chocolate morsels and placing the cookie sheet in the oven. The jingle goes something like this...

Please don't eat all the morsels
Please don't eat them all,

Cause if you eat all the morsels
Your cookies will be bald (Picture of a chocolate chip cookie with no morsels flashes across the screen)


Nestle Tollhouse Morsels
so chocolaty and rich
But save them for the cookies
Or your cookies will look like this (same bald cookie flashes across the screen)


Wow!
Please don't eat all the morsels
You'll just have to wait
Because it's Nestle Tollhouse morsels
That make your cookies taste so great


My iWitness...

Is your Cookie of Life full of chocolate chip morsels?

Is your Cookie of Life bald?

Does it look like this?


If I was asked to describe your life in terms of a chocolate chip cookie, would I describe it as "chocolaty and rich?"

I just read a story today about a photographer named Angelo Merendino who married the love of his life, Jennifer. Five months after their marriage had just begun his bride was diagnosed with breast cancer. Somewhere along the way Angelo decided to chronicle their journey through the art of photography.
He published a book titled, "The Battle We Did Not Choose - My Wife's Fight with Breast Cancer"




This photographic diary is both striking and heartbreaking amongst a host of other emotions.
One of the quotes that comes out of this battle comes from Jennifer.
Listen up now...

"Love every morsel of the people in your life..." - Jennifer Merendino

You got morsels!
I got morsels!
They are chocolaty and rich...
Let's love every one of them...
Shall we?

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

ps - To my dear friends that are too many to name here that I have watched die from breast cancer...
And to my dear friends that are too many to name here that are in the middle of the battle, fighting with all their might to beat the shit out of this crazy disease... I have and I will continue to pray and love every morsel of your life!

"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.
13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love."
(1 Corinthians 13)




No comments:

Post a Comment