Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Blackest Crow...



I came across an old Southern saying a few years ago that went something like this...

"Every old crow thinks hers is the blackest..."

I experienced something like that last night at the annual fall Parent/ Teacher Conferences at the Irving Elementary School.

My iWitness...

Last night hundreds upon hundreds of parents were seen following their children around the halls and stairwells and into classrooms to meet the "Teachers" that are in charge of instructing and educating our children.

As I walked around it seemed as if every parent was so very proud of their child.
That's the way it should be!
I didn't see any mom or dad saying to other parents, "I wish my child was like yours!" or "I wish I had your child instead of mine." or "Would you please take my child off of my hands?" No trading of children took place last night. No auction was held in the gym with children being offered to the highest bidder.

Basically every mom and every dad and every grandparent were following their respective children down the halls quietly proclaiming through their body language, "My baby crow is the blackest."

Following this theme, do you think our heavenly Father thinks and believes that you are the "blackest crow in the brood"?

What does your response say about God?

What does your response say about you?

Just in case you were wondering...

I am the blackest crow in the brood!
And oh by the way...
So are you!

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." (John 3. 16)

No comments:

Post a Comment