Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Locked out...



We were enjoying homemade pizza last night around the dinner table still trying to figure out why having walrus teeth (see previous post) would save us money. In the middle of dinner the doorbell rang. It was our neighbor Diane from across the street. The temperature was in the mid 20's and little snow flurries were fluttering around. We quickly invited her in. She had been outside for over an hour. She asked if she could use the phone to call a friend. She had gone out to feed the birds and the door had closed behind her. She was locked out.

My iWitness...

Have you ever been "locked out"?

This time of the year reminds us of the story of how Mary and Joseph were "locked out" of all the inns, hotels, motels, hostels and bed and breakfasts. They found refuge in a stable of all places.

Let's revisit the previous question...

Have you ever been "locked out?"...

From a group?
From a church?
From a relationship?
From a friendship?
From a marriage?
From a job or business?

Have you ever been on the "other side" looking in while being "locked out?"
Have you ever been on the "inside" looking out making sure those on the "outside" stayed "locked out?"

I have...

I've been locked in and locked out...
Neither of which is a very enviable position.

I am wondering today if you would be willing to take the key and let yourself out from being locked in...

I am wondering today if you would be willing to take the key and let someone in who has been locked out...

Both situations warrant our attention, our prayers and our actions...

(Warning: Please be advised... setting yourself or someone else free can cause incredible joy and ecstatic happiness accompanied by wild flailing of arms, excessive hugging and dynamic dancing)

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

"For freedom Christ has set us free..." (Galatians 5. 1)

"For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me." (Matthew 25. 35-36)

No comments:

Post a Comment