Sunday, December 8, 2013

Looking Up



Sometimes they came in groups of three.
Other times only one or two would stop and look up at about a forty-five degree angle.
They always stopped at the same spot.
The men who looked like hunters from the North Woods of Wisconsin ran for their life after stopping by and "looking up."
One older man stopped, looked up and started running in one direction, only to realize after scurrying for about thirty feet, he was running in the wrong direction.
I bet you yourself have been a part of this curious crowd.
I know I have been.
I was part of that crowd today...

Of course I am talking about the "Airport Monitors" that you find in every terminal and concourse at your local airport.

My iWitness...

It really is a fascinating phenomena to watch.
What I love about this ritual is that without fail I am told where to go to find the next leg of my trip.
Typically the monitors are right every time.
I love this.
I come to a crossroad in my journey.
I walk up to the monitor.
I look up.
The monitor tells me which gate to go to continue on my journey.
I go to that gate.
I get on a plane and within hours I am at my desired destination.

Do you ever wish it was that easy with God and our own convoluted journeys?
We come to a crossroad.
We wonder where we should go next.
We "look up" and God, the monitor tells us which gate to go to.
We walk to the next gate full of joy, knowing full well that God the monitor has pointed us in the right direction.

There is one thing that we can do...
Look up...

I lift up my eyes to the hills.
    From where does my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
    who made heaven and earth. (Psalm 121. 1-2)


Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
    and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,)
    and he will make straight your paths. (Proverbs 3. 5-6)


Here's to "looking up"...

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!

David!

No comments:

Post a Comment