Monday, December 23, 2013

True Meaning of Christmas



Last night my little eight year old son Joshua asked me what I wanted for Christmas during his bedtime prayers. I answered, "As long as I have Mommy, Faith, Lily and You... that is all I need." He smiled and we kissed each other good night as we do every night.

Julie came into Joshua's room a few minutes later.
Joshua asked his Mommy the exact same question that he had asked me a few minutes earlier.
Julie basically offered the same response.

Joshua would not stand for such an answer, he pressed on asking his Mommy once again what she would like for Christmas. Julie's answer did not waver.

Then, in a whisper Joshua offered a plan that could only be hatched in his little intelligent imaginative mind.

(Whispering...)"I know what we can do Mommy. Next year you tell me what you really want for Christmas. Then I will tell Santa exactly what you told me. Then next Christmas on Christmas Day I will open my present from Santa and it will be exactly what you wanted and then I will give it to you. Because, Christmas is really all about giving and not wanting."

My iWitness...

I am speechless...

"It is more blessed to give than to receive." (Acts 20. 35)

"For God so loved the world that he gave... (John 3. 16)

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

No comments:

Post a Comment