Saturday, December 14, 2013

On the Ropes



Today marks the one year anniversary of the most sacred of trusts being broken as a young man stormed into an elementary school and ushered 26 innocent victims into the heavens.

One of my classmates whose Christian faith is rock solid and whose broad muscular shoulders are straining under the stress sits in a hospital room next to his beautiful wife who is having the battle of her life with cancer.

I have a most dear family relative in the hospital after suffering a stroke.

Friends of ours are trying to raise money to fulfill their missional call to go to China.

There are a lot of people who are "on the ropes."

My iWitness...

My mission bound friends gave me this poem that I wanted to share with you...

_____________________________________________

HOLD THE ROPES

Down beneath the mighty ocean
Divers plunge for treasures rare
But men hold the ropes above them
So they breathe the upper air.
Seeking pearls of richest value
Braver hearts have dared to go
But our hands must every moment
Hold the ropes that reach below.

So amid the heathen darkness
There are heroes, true and brave,
Shrinking not from death or danger,
Hearing all to help and save,
But they cry,
"Oh, do not leave us,
Mid these dreadful depths to drown,
Let us feel your prayers around us,

Hold the ropes as we go down!"
______________________________________________

Count on me to embrace this joyful privilege and weighty responsibility to hold the ropes for you.

Would you be so kind to be on the ropes for me?

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

"...pray without ceasing..." (1 Thessalonians 5. 17)

No comments:

Post a Comment