Friday, December 20, 2013

Peace



I saw a Christmas card that said, "Peace on Earth."
The heavenly host of angels sang something to that effect to the fearful shepherds back in Luke, chapter 2...

According to one source the world has not been at peace since 1914.
I would beg to differ.
The world hasn't been at peace for much longer than that.
Will we ever be at peace?

My iWitness...

One of my strategies in talking to couples who were planning on getting married went something like this...

"In order to have a healthy marriage, we need to be healthy people.
Two unhealthy people cannot have a healthy marriage. One healthy person and one unhealthy person cannot have a healthy marriage."

We would then spend some time talking about what it meant to be a healthy person.
Sometimes we would spend weeks talking about what it meant to be a healthy person!

Would that strategy somehow apply to peace as well?
It's hard to be at peace when we have people waging war on each other.
It's hard to be at peace with others when the other side has no peace in their own life.
It's hard to be at peace when I am not peaceful with myself or with others.

My question for the day is...

Am I at peace...
with my God?
with my family?
with myself?
with my workmates?
with my friends?
with my past?
with my present?
with my convictions?
with my mistakes?
within my own heart?

Jesus says you can be...

Are you at peace with that?

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you..." (John 14. 27)

No comments:

Post a Comment