Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Unsubscribe



For the last five days or so (Black Friday and Cyber Monday Season) I have received hundreds of emails from Mortgage Companies wanting to slash my payments, Investment Firms telling me where to invest my money, Internet Outlets where the greatest bargains in the history of shopping can be found and Car Dealerships tempting me to buy $30,000 automobiles.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what I bought online that would have triggered all these websites trying to secure my money, my attention, my life, my business, my family, my dog... well, you get the picture.

I have noticed one interesting thing about all of these offers. At the bottom of each message, in very small print comes their best offer in just one word - Unsubscribe.

And with a couple of extra keystrokes... I do!

My iWitness...

I wonder what would happen if we took an extensive inventory of the things which clutter and vie for our attention on an everyday basis.

How many items, voices, people, thoughts, offers would that inventory list?

Of those items which ones do we need to Unsubscribe?

What would happen if we filtered out those things which simply and profoundly distract us from being focused on the main thing in our life. Of course that raises a very pertinent and poignant question...What is the main thing in my life? (That will have to wait for another blog on another day.)

Every offer that demands your attention, time and being comes with an Unsubscribe button. Take the time necessary to punch it.

Give yourself an early Christmas present...

Click the Unsubscribe button...

It just might be the best gift you receive this Christmas!

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things;
    and give me life in your ways. (Psalm 119. 37)


ps - Please don't Unsubscribe from my blog!! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment