Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Bouncing off the walls



My children's elementary school had a "fun night" at "Jumpin Janes" last night. Jumpin Janes is a warehouse that has huge "bouncy" inflatables in the shape of ships, jungle gyms and other assorted contraptions that proves for hours of fun and frivolity for all ages.

It was pure delight to watch Faith and Joshua and their friends literally bouncing off the walls.

My iWitness...

All of this activity last night got me thinking (you know how that can be a dangerous thing for me)...

"Do I bounce?"

Do you bounce?

Do we bounce off the walls we run into?
Do we bounce back?
When we fall down, do we bounce right back up or do we stick, staying stuck to the floor?

I cannot even begin to tell you how many people I have met that 10 years ago or 20 years ago were knocked down by someone or something and there they remain.
Stuck...
Stuck to the event...
Stuck to the pain...
Stuck in that moment...

Today we will fall down...
Today walls will present themselves to us, expectedly and unexpectedly, that will knock us down...
Today we will run into people who will do their best to knock us back...

I know this may sound silly but "stick" with me on this...
What if...
What if we became a human "inflatable"?
What if we were so "inflated" with the Holy Spirit's grace, love, resilience, toughness and perseverance that when we run into these seemingly immovable objects today, we simply bounced off or bounced back?

Forgive my giddiness, but I am actually looking forward to "bouncing off the walls" today!!

Jesus is the master of helping people get unstuck and bounce back...
Now there is in Jerusalem by the Sheep Gate a pool, in Aramaic called Bethesda, which has five roofed colonnades. In these lay a multitude of invalids—blind, lame, and paralyzed. One man was there who had been an invalid for thirty-eight years. When Jesus saw him lying there and knew that he had already been there a long time, he said to him, “Do you want to be healed?” The sick man answered him, “Sir, I have no one to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up, and while I am going another steps down before me.” Jesus said to him, “Get up, take up your bed, and walk.” And at once the man was healed, and he took up his bed and walked." (John 5. 2-9)

Once again forgive me for getting ahead of myself and perhaps getting ahead of you on this one.
I forgot to ask the most important question.
It's the same question Jesus asked the invalid in the story above.


I asked earlier in this post, "Do you bounce?"
Perhaps the more poignant question is...
"Do you want to bounce?"

That just might be the most important question of the day...
And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!


No comments:

Post a Comment