Thursday, November 7, 2013

Randy and Roger



I have been blessed to have met thousands of people in my lifetime. Through my call as a pastor, my work as a consultant, my present position at the University of Dubuque and other channels my path has crossed the lives of many.

I have thousands of friendships.

What I find interesting about these friendships is that many of my closest friends have never met each other. I have always wondered what it would be like if I gathered all the people I consider to be friends and we met at a Disneyland for one day. We would have the place all to ourselves. Would my friends get along with each other? How would these most special people get along with one another with me being the initial common denominator.

I would love to introduce my friends to one another...

My iWitness...

One of my friends is Randy Shultz.
He and I are alike on so many fronts. We cry in movie theaters at moving scenes. We laugh out loud without really caring if anyone else is laughing. We both love our families. We love Jesus and we share similar questions about the Christian faith and life.
Randy met Jesus face to face on this day six years ago.

I have another friend... let's call him Roger (for privacy sake).
He and I are alike on so many fronts. We have cried together. We have laughed out loud. We have played tennis together on grass courts, clay courts and hard courts. We share a certain affinity of ogling over the legs of women professional tennis players. We love Jesus and we share similar questions about the Christian faith and life.
Roger is getting ready to meet Jesus face to face.
It won't be long now.

I've cried many crocodile tears over the last few days.

The heavenly scene will be just that... Heavenly when Roger meets Jesus.

Here is what I find fascinating...

Randy is going to meet Roger...

I won't have the pleasure of making the introduction but I have a feeling that they will enjoy each other's company. Randy has been there a few more years and might show Roger around. Perhaps they will sit and chat and laugh about who knows what.

What happens when two of my friends meet?

I guess I will have to wait a little while longer to find out.

Hey Roger....
Tell Randy I said, "Hey and that I miss him and that his family is as beautiful as ever!"
One more thing Roger...
Work on that forehand of yours! You better be ready to play when I arrive...

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

"Blessed are those that mourn, for they shall be comforted." (Matthew 5.4)

No comments:

Post a Comment