Sunday, November 24, 2013

Broken...



Within a span of one hour today at church I ran into three different people who were shedding tears.
Tears over moving away from Dubuque to a place where they know not one person...
Tears over a marriage that was once on the rocks but is now descending into the depths of divorce.
Tears over something of which I know not. Just two friends comforting each other with incredible sympathy, empathy, tenderness and tears.
We live lives that are broken in one way or the other.

My iWitness...

Of all the brokenness in the world there is one thing that is never broken...

The promises of God...

One particular promise stands out as I think about these three hurting folks from today...

"...fear not, for I am with you;
    be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

 
For I, the Lord your God,
    hold your right hand;
it is I who say to you, “Fear not,
    I am the one who helps you.” (Isaiah 41. 10, 13)

In many respects I felt rather helpless today at church...
I felt better knowing that God would be true to His word.
No matter how broken our lives...
No matter how broken our relationships...
No matter how broken our word..
No matter how broken our world...
The promises of God that hold us close will never, never be broken...

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

No comments:

Post a Comment