Wednesday, November 20, 2013

She said, "Yes!"


St. Louis Cathedral, New Orleans, Louisiana


On this day, November 20th, thirteen years ago at Jackson Square in front of the St. Louis Cathedral Church in New Orleans, Louisiana, with a yellow cotton cable sweater and a black leather jacket on in a drizzle of rain, I got down on one knee, produced a ring that had been in my pocket all day and night and asked Julie Ann Keller, "Will you be my wife for life?"

She said, "Yes!"

My iWitness...

It was an answer that has changed both of our courses of life forever.

I have written before about the power of saying, "No!" to the many things that wish to have command of our attention, emotions, life and will.

Today, let me take an opposite view.
Can I do that?
The answer would be a resounding "Yes!"
I feel so empowered now!

Today I am thinking of the many people that I have approached and asked them to do something that they had never done before...

Speak in front of a large group...
Share their pain from past abuse...
Share the joy of the healing touch of God...
Join a "Men's Bible Study Group"...
Come to church for the very first time...
Climb a 14,000 foot mountain...
Work with me in a newly formed ministry...
Come along side me for a ride that I could only guarantee would be very bumpy...
Run a marathon...
Believe that God had made them for a special purpose...
Forgive someone who was at the time seemingly unforgiveable...
Pray that Jesus would enter their heart and life...
At the baptismal font asking adults and children alike if they believe in Jesus...
Trust that God loves them for who they are and not for they should be because they are never going to be as they should be...

The list could go on and on...
All of these people had one thing in common...

They all said, "Yes!" and by saying "Yes!" the course of their life was forever changed.

I am wondering today if there is anything that is nagging at your very being that needs to be met with an answer of "Yes!" or "No!"

Either way, your answer will forever change the course of your life.

For today, let me encourage you to say, "Yes!"

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!


Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’...(Matthew 5. 37)

No comments:

Post a Comment