Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Trust



The issue of "trust" became the topic of conversation yesterday around the office.

What is your history of "trust"?
What type of "culture of trust" did you grow up in?
Do you find it easy to trust or difficult to trust?

Do people have to "earn" your trust?
Or do you offer people your trust, 100% right from the start?

If I have to earn your trust, how much trust do I have to earn before I have gained your trust?
Once I have earned your trust can I lose it?
Once I have lost your trust what do I have to do to regain it?
Once I have regained your trust can I lose it all over again?
How do I know that I have your trust?
What is the threshold in your own mind that I have to cross in order to have your trust?
At what point do you trust me implicitly?
At what point will you never trust me...ever?

My iWitness...

I feel like the real oddball on this issue of "trust."

From what I hear around me, I do believe that I must have this whole issue of "trust" bassackwards.

Here's my take...

I trust you.

I trust you 100%.

But you say, "We have never met." And I say, "So..."
But you say, "We hardly know each other." And I say, "What's your point?"
But you say, "I am not a trustworthy person." And I say, "Says you.."

My trust is not yours to gain or earn or really even lose.

My trust is mine to offer...
Free of charge...
100% guaranteed...
You have it!

Will people burn me? Yes!
Will I get hurt? You bet!
Will people take advantage of me? Absolutely!

Yet, still it is my choice to live life trusting completely versus having to take the inordinate amount of time and the judgmental, draining emotional energy to evaluate, reevaluate and evaluate once again how much trust you have earned at any given time and place in my life.

I trust you.

I also trust God.
I trust God 100%.
I trust God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit with my life.

And just for the record in case anyone wants to know...
God has never burned me, hurt me or taken advantage of me
And He never will...

I trust...
How about you?

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you. (Psalm 9. 10)

Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.
(Psalm 20. 7)


And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” (Revelation 21. 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment