Monday, November 25, 2013

Kissing your sister...



When the Green Bay Packers play, everything in our household comes to a standstill.
My wife Julie is the consummate Cheese Head, Packer Backer and all things that have to do with the greatest football franchise in professional sports.

Yesterday the heated rivalry between the Green Bay Packers and their division, geographical nemesis Minnesota Vikings was hammered out on the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field with temperatures flirting in the high teens.

For sixty minutes then men in green and yellow battled the purple people eaters. At the end of regulation the score was tied. The fifteen minute overtime began. Fifteen minutes later the game ended with the score tied. Game over. Tied 26 to 26...

I looked at my son Joshua and said, "That's about as satisfying as kissing your sister!"

He gave me the most puzzled and confusing of looks.

My iWitness...

Who knows where I first heard that phrase!
However, it did pretty much sum up the feeling of the moment.

As we take a look back on our collective life, how is it feeling at the moment?
Victorious?
Defeated?
Some wins...
Some losses...
Any ties?

Believe me when I say, I have nothing against my sisters...

But, at the end of the day, I don't want to look back on my life and feel like I just kissed my sister...

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. 25 Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 26 So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. 27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified. (1 Corinthians 9. 24-27)

No comments:

Post a Comment