Saturday, November 9, 2013

What's next...?



This past week, in a span of less than four days apart from each other two people asked me the same question..."What's next?"

My iWitness...

I have learned over the years to pay attention to such things.
It wasn't like two people asked, "How are you doing? or How are things at work? or How's Julie?"

When was the last time you asked someone,
"Hey... I have a question for you.... Uh.... um... What's next?"

It's an unusual question and yet it has stopped me in my easy going tracks and has really made me put on my thinking cap and wrestle with God.

As my dear older friend, who is truly a saint in every sense of the word said to me, "What better place to be... wrestling with God... waiting to see firsthand from God... what is next!"

My antennas are on high alert.
My eyes are wide open.
My eyes are peeled.
My ears are cupped.
My hands...
My long, strong chiseled hands are in the most weakened and vulnerable position...
Palms open to the sky, willing to receive...
That which God will place in my hands...

What's next?

I have no idea...
Do you?

I'll let you know when I find out!
In the meantime...
What's next for you?
And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

“And it shall come to pass afterward,
    that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
    your old men shall dream dreams,
    and your young men shall see visions." (Joel 2. 28)

No comments:

Post a Comment