Thursday, November 28, 2013

The ABC's of Thanksgiving



My phone and my Facebook page have been lit up with messages from friends and family today offering thanks for friendship, family and a host of other things.

My iWitness...

I decided to offer an ABC list of things of which I am thankful. Some are serious... Some... not so much!

A - Acceptance for people for who they are and not for who they should be...

B - Broken lives that get put back together by God's hand creating a one of a kind mosaic that reflects God's grace.

C - Cornucopias that display the bountiful harvest from our land.

D - David Dendy (shameless plug!)

E - Everlasting love of God

F - Faith, Faith (my daughter), Family, Friends, Frisbees, French fries, FPC and the 366 "Fear nots" that are found in scripture.

G - Green Bay Packers

H - Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's Messiah

I - Ice Cream (Cookies and Cream) and "In N Out Burgers"

J - Jesus and Julie Dendy - together they make an awesome couple that I get to hang out with for the rest of my life.

K - Krispy Kreme donuts

L - Laughter... any kind

M - Mountain Dew and peanuts - The most awesome snack in the world

N - Napa Valley and Nestle Tollhouse Morsels and Novak Djokovic

O - Osculating - Who doesn't love to osculate!!

P - Prayer, Prayerful People and the Preaching of God's Word

Q - Questions that have no immediate answer, but in due time God will bring the answer to light or maybe He won't.

R - Rest, Reflection and Relaxation

S - Sex

T - Tennis

U - Ubiquity of God

V - Valleys of Life where most of our growth takes place, even though it is sometimes the most painful place to be.

W - Walks in the mountains and on the beaches

X - Xylocarps

Y - You!

Z - Zany life with God

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
    for his steadfast love endures forever! (Psalm 118. 1)




No comments:

Post a Comment