Sunday, September 29, 2013

"Breaking Bad" Finale - How will it all end?



I don't watch much TV outside of sports and movies. I am totally clueless on network shows such as "The Big Bang Theory" even though "everyone" tells me it is the funniest show ever!! A few weeks ago a friend of mine suggested that I start watching the AMC TV series, "Breaking Bad" about a chemistry teacher who is diagnosed with cancer and then makes the "logical" choice to start manufacturing "meth" as a way to leave a "boatload" of money to his family after he dies.

From the first episode I watched on Netflix I was hooked. After watching on average an "episode" a night I am all caught up and the finale is tonight!!

Walter White is on the run in New Hampshire in a self imposed witness protection program while the government has no idea where he is. He is on the move again after watching a former business partner totally diss him on live TV. His wife and son and daughter are in total legal limbo as wife Skyler really is an accomplice. His lab partner Jesse Pinkman's face looks like it has been put through a meat grinder after the Neo-Nazi thugs have beat the daylights out of him for telling the Feds all about them and having tried to escape, the consequence being Jesse's true love shot at point blank right before his eyes.

Tonight, Sunday, September 29, 2013 the finale airs on AMC at 9:00 Eastern/ 8:00 Central.
Then and only then will we find out "how will it all end?"

My iWitness...

I have theories, hunches and hopes for how "Breaking Bad" will end tonight.
But, in reality, I have no idea.

What about our own lives?
How will our lives end?
We can devise theories, hunches and hopes.
But, in reality, we have no idea.

What about "history" itself?
Here's the good news!
We don't have to devise theories, hunches or hopes.
In reality, we know how "His Story" ends!

Jesus wins!
Oh sure the battle goes on right now, but in reality, the war is over.
Jesus is victorious!
You can take that to the bank!

In the end, the dead shall be raised in the last resurrection of the dead.
Jesus reigns on high!
Every foe is ultimately defeated...
And the love, grace, mercy, and peace of God the Father Almighty, The Amazing Grace of God The Son, Jesus Christ, and The Power of God the Holy Spirit reigns and lives and endures forever and ever and ever...and we get to be in His presence forever as well! Oh my!!!

Forgive me for not offering the headline "Spoiler Alert" in regards to how history will end, but I just really thought you should know... just in case you didn't.

In this I take great comfort, joy and delight!
I love good endings!
Don't you?

Oops... I gotta run... I have only 3 hours left until I find out how "Breaking Bad" will end...

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

"But we would not have you ignorant, brethren, concerning those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. 14 For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. 15 For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the archangel’s call, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first; 17 then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words." (I Thessalonians 4. 13-18)


No comments:

Post a Comment