Sunday, September 1, 2013

Just the two of us...

 
Joshua Knox Dendy

Julie has been working all weekend. As much as I miss having her around, the weekends where she works affords me the great privilege of solely being with Faith and Joshua.

I dropped Faith off at a "Fashion Show" birthday party at 1:00 yesterday and for the rest of the afternoon it was an incredible day with my son, Joshua.

We went to the tire store to get my leaky tire fixed. While it was being fixed we walked hand in hand across the highway to Wal-Mart. Walking around Wal-Mart is always an adventure!! We bought a bicycle tube for Joshua's flat tire and two cans of wasp and hornet spray for the yellow jackets which are determined to find a home on my home and we played basketball with the basketball hoop in the store (much to the dismay of a particular Wal-Mart employee).

Ninety minutes later we were on the road again to the Kennedy Mall! We always have to walk through "Dick's Sporting Goods" when we go to the Mall. We bought a tennis racket for Joshua and now it was time to eat a late lunch at "Pretzelworks."

While I was eating my "pretzel dog" and Joshua was eating his big pretzel with nacho cheese sauce, Joshua offered these words, "Dad... I really like it when we spend time together... just the two of us."

My iWitness...

How easy it is for us to get distracted!
Work...
Hobbies...
Workout routines...
Email...
Internet searches...
Writing blogs!!!!!!
Household chores...
Community commitments...
Friends...
Paying bills...

I wonder how many times God says to us, but we just don't hear it because we are so "busily distracted".... "I really like it when we spend time together... just the two of us."

God longs to...
Hear your voice...
Feel the touch of your face with His hands...
Smell the aroma of your soul...
Taste the grace and love that has washed over you...
See the delight in your eyes as you see the delight in His...

How about we take the time to spend some time with God today... just the two of us!

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!
"Be still and know that I am God." (Psalm 46. 10)

No comments:

Post a Comment