Friday, September 13, 2013

Living the Dream...



I was invited to play golf yesterday with a group of nine men yesterday in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I knew one of the men, had met two of the others on one previous occasion and the other six were complete strangers until the moment I shook their hands.

This group invited me in and for about 6 hours we all laughed, shared funny and serious stories, complimented and lamented one another on our golf shots and overall had a fantastic day. The gentleman hosting all of us treated us to lunch afterward. These men have all known each other for years. I mean... "YEARS." Most of them were retired and have been friends with each other for 30-40 years.

Here's what struck me the most about the day...
Five of the men were African-American.
Five of the men (including me) were Caucasian.

I kept thinking throughout the day, What is and what has been the big deal about "race"?
What amazed me even more was that these men were friends with one another during the turbulent 60's of the civil rights movement where interracial friendships were probably not all that common, encouraged or even tolerated.

In the shadow of the 50th Anniversary of the Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King's "I Have A Dream" speech... these men are "Living the Dream."

I got to live the dream yesterday too.
Praise be to God!

My iWitness...

Jesus loves the little children
All the children of the world
Red, brown, yellow, black and white
They are precious in his sight
Jesus loves the little children of the world


If someone asks me the question, "How are you doing today?"
My response will be...

"Living the dream!"

I hope you will join me in "living the dream" today and tomorrow and the next...

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." (Galatians 3. 28)

No comments:

Post a Comment