Monday, September 30, 2013

On being late...



Saturday was a crazy, "dad being the taxi" kind of day.
Julie was working.
I was helping coach the UD Women's Tennis Team which had a match at 9:00 am. It would last until 11:38 am.
Faith had to be at basketball practice at a Free Basketball Clinic held at Loras College at 8:30 am.
Joshua had football practice from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm.

As was our usual routine, when Mom is not around on a Saturday morning, we set off for "Donut Boy" to get our standard, "Donut Holes, Chocolate Covered Long John, and Chocolate Covered Cream Filled" donuts.

I had Faith at Loras College for basketball at 8:15 am and was out the door by 8:30 am. The lead coach told me that the clinic would be over at 9:45 am. I smiled and said, "See you then!"
I made it over to the University of Dubuque by 8:42 and then welcomed everyone to the match at 9:00 am by announcing the starting line ups for the mighty Spartans of the University of Dubuque.

I was out on the court coaching the number three doubles team when all of  a sudden I looked down at my watch and the face of it in a matter of fact way stated, "9:42 am".

I ran off the court, grabbed Joshua and said, "Let's go! We have to go get Faith!"

Off we sped (figuratively, not literally) to pick up Faith.

Joshua and I walked into the gym at Loras College at 9:52 am.

The next clinic had already started and I looked around for about 20 seconds before Faith came running up to me... eyes red... face tear streaked...and then she buried her face into my side crying..."Daddy, where were you? I thought you had forgotten to pick me up!"

My iWitness...

Have you ever felt like Faith?
Me too...

As the Father, I knew I would be picking up Faith.
As the Father, I knew that I would never abandon or forsake Faith.
As the Father, I knew that I would never leave my precious daughter in the hands of the "enemy, crosstown rival Duhawks of Loras College"!
As the Father, I was on my way...

But Faith...
precious little Faith became scared on my being late...
And the tears began to flow...

Have you ever wondered about God's timing?
What I don't like about God's timing is that it is always on His time and NOT MINE!
Doesn't He understand I have things to do and complete and achieve and secure and I need Him to show up and do His little wonders of protection, miracles and signs on MY time, not His...

As the Father, He knows He will be with me always...
As the Father, He knows that He will never abandon or forsake me...
As the Father, He would never leave me in the hands of the enemy without proper "armor of God" support...
As the Father, He is on the way...

All that to say, if the mind has begun to wonder, if the heart has started to ache, if the soul has begun to feel isolated and the faith has started to falter...
Hold on...Abba (daddy) has not forgotten you...
More than likely, He is not late at all,
But rather right on time...

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

"Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31. 6)


No comments:

Post a Comment