Friday, September 27, 2013

Sleep



We all do it...
We all need it...
We all neglect it...
We all love it...

What are we talking about?
Sleep!

I haven't been putting in too many hours of sleep lately and yesterday my body rose up and said, "Enough is enough!"

I basically laid down at 5:45 pm yesterday and woke up at 5:45 am this morning. The only reason I woke up was because the alarm was going off. I probably could have slept another hour or so.

I can't even begin to remember the last time I had 12 hours of sleep.

My iWitness...

I have no doubt that I have written about this before, but it bears worth repeating.

We all need to rest
to shut down
to recover
to sleep

God has wired our bodies to rest and recover. If we are truly made in God's image then we, like Him, need to rest.

"And on the seventh day God finished his work which he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had done. So God blessed the seventh day and hallowed it, because on it God rested from all his work which he had done in creation." (Genesis 2. 2-3)

Do you have any plans to rest in the next few days?
Do you have any plans to sleep in the next few days?

If you don't, then maybe take the next day or two to sleep on it...

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!



No comments:

Post a Comment